The garden is growing by bounds... Except where the bunnies (& other animals I don't necessarily see) are eating them. The ones that seem to be hit the worst are the coneflowers on the back hill. There are two sections, the left has clumps of purple coneflowers, while the right has a few purple & a white coneflower. For days now the right side has been pretty much mown down, but the left side stayed green & tall (3 times as tall). Not anymore. It apparently became a meal or two yesterday. I suppose that if that is all that is going to be destroyed (ok, that's an exaggeration -- it will however be likely that it won't bloom, so as far as that goes, it's a goner!) I should be grateful. But you know, I'm not. I want my blooming flowers!
2 comments:
please don't eat the bunnies
bunnies are people too!
That reminds me of the time a possum ate my entire peach crop in broad daylight. Granted, my lone peach tree was about three feet tall, and the "entire crop" was about nine peaches... but still!
Post a Comment