Tonight I finally finished raking up the last of my fall leaves. (The last I intend to touch anyway.) Now I'm ready for some actual spring mulch! My back hurts just thinking about it!
Random Garden Wisdom:
Don't always look up for greatness. You'll miss all the good stuff that's just waiting to be discovered hiding amidst the garden's toes.

Case in point: The flowering almond that I thought the big mean pine tree killed off... A few days ago I found it thumbing it's nose at the giant pines. There it is, a sad looking remnant of my flowering almond, with it's few delicate blooms nestled near the ground saying I may be small, but I'm tough.
The garden also reminds me to come back each and every day, for something new and wonderful awaits me! (Too bad the furry critters also got that message. My catmint is just waiting for it's day of glory!)

Beauty doesn't just need to be found in the whole... but can be seen in the sum of it's parts.













5 comments:
Nice to see you back.
Your garden is coming along.
I miss your blog entries
Nice to see you back.
Your garden is coming along.
I miss your blog entries
At least it's your flowering almond coming back and not the evil Asian honeysuckle that was my nemesis at my old house. I'd chop that thing down every couple months. I'd cut back 10 stems and get 20 back. I cut back 20 and get 40. By the time we moved, it looked like a cross between a tree stump and a hydra.
Nice to see you back.
Your garden is coming along.
I miss your blog entries
Are you guys stuttering? :) No, really what's up with the same comments? (makes me nervous!)
Post a Comment