Monday, April 17, 2006

Itinerary

Friday:
I tried to make the most of my time during my days off. (Which is why I did this trip solo -- I could leave sooner.) My hair took longer than I expected, so I didn't get on the road until after 3pm Friday. I went directly to my relatives'... dropped off my things at my grandmother's & ate dinner down at my dad's. I gave him an early Father's Day gift -- James Bond DVD collection -- we watched "Dr. No" (the 1st one out of 20).

Saturday:

__ Mommom & I went to VF (Vanity Fair Outlets) & boy did I strike gold! Usually shopping is a big ol' pain, but I hit the mother load on this trip! (You can see from the image on the right the pile of tags I removed this morning...) I found jeans, 2 capris (jean & khaki), jean shorts, army green shorts & 2 shirts. And the best part -- everything there is half price the lowest ticketed price! I didn't spend an arm & a leg. (Not even an arm.)

__ The weather was warming up so I had to try out my new capris. They worked rather well -- even when the temperature soared to 80 degrees!

__ We were off to visit Gramma & take her out to lunch. It was a little awkward trying to get her into my Passport, but we made it! (Typically it's a bit tricky since she uses a walker, but add a broken foot to the mix...) We had a great meal -- the place even gave out carnations to all the women! "Classy", as one patron put it! Gramma even spoke to someone she knew since grade school. Apparently this diner is the place to be! (And it's only across the street.)

__ We sat in Gramma's room & chatted for a few hours before we left. It was a very enjoyable time together. Now that I'm thinking about it, I should have gotten a picture of them together. Oh well, next trip.

__ Mommom & I stopped to check out the lovely flowers at a garden center on the way home.

__ And then stopped to indulge in some "Rita's" italian ice. Wonderful stuff -- if you haven't had any, get some!

__ Had some dinner with my dad & Marcy.

__ Then visited with my aunt & her gang a few doors over. We watched some boring stuff on tv & then put on the latest "King Kong" movie. Pretty good, but sad at times if you're at all a crier. (Just giving ya a heads up.) By this time it was way past my bedtime... so I made my way to the sofa at Mommom's...

Sunday:

__ Helped my dad start his own blog.

__ Took Gramma some of the goodies Mommom whipped up. (Lettuce with bacon dressing, potato salad, and I believe some potato filling, but I could be wrong on the last one.) Visited one last time for about an hour before she had to get ready for dinner. [FYI -- not only do the foods change when I travel east, so does the spoke language: dinner is lunch, supper is dinner. If I don't call them the names they know, everybody is confused!]

__ Returned to my dad's... worked on the blog some more; got ready for dinner.

__ Everybody arrived (there were 12 of us, not counting the baby) & we sat down to eat. I enjoyed some creamed corn, carrots, (I passed on the sweet potatoes) potato filling, rolls, ham, lettuce with ranch dressing (pass on the bacon dressing), pineapple cake & chocolate pudding (passed on the shoo fly pie & tapioca pudding since I was bringing some home for myself later). Yum!

__ After dinner we went outside to try to get a good picture of the baby, my cousins & myself for Mommom. They didn't turn out that great (but by the time it was discovered it was too late to do it again). I did get some nice shots as we were hanging out afterward though. (They're on the other post -- 'Visiting Sunday')

__ My last event before my goodbyes & departure was going to the museum with my dad & Marcy. We didn't have enough time to walk around outside (good trails, plant life & water with ducks & geese to see), so we went directly to the Art Gallery -- there was a Keith Haring display! I studied his work in high school & was thrilled to see it again in person.

__ Last but not least, the goodbyes... then I was off on the road again!

Monday:
Now it's my last day of vacation... it's like a typically weekend squeezed into one day -- a day full of loads of laundry... lounging while I do this... hopefully getting to the store... and just trying to enjoy the time. :) Hope you're enjoying your time too!

K. Haring

No comments: