


This is my blog version of a back issue. I realized that I hadn't been very prompt on posting my yard events. So pretend you didn't pay your subscription & are ordering an old issue of my Backyard Blooms.
Sunday I spent a lot of time ridding the back wall of leaves and debris. The narrow nature of the bed is deceiving. It's really not that small. (Figure in that it's the length of the house.) I raked out two tarp-fuls of leaves. At least this time the leaves were dry & lighter than the ones around the arbor -- shows which gets more sunshine!
I also started to clean up the "corner bed" -- while doing so, I discovered a visitor in the tree. Actually I discovered some rude visitors, and then noticed this one. The crows were going after it. (That's when it's wings were opened.) 
In other pictures, you can see the hawk is eating something. It looks like chicken. (Really, I think someone in the neighborhood provides it with raw chicken.)












No comments:
Post a Comment