Monday, April 03, 2006

Happy Happy Joy Joy

That's what it was like for me Friday & Sunday. They were two lovely days I was able to spend outside in the garden this weekend. Soak up some free vitamin D. Get some exercise & fresh air...

I mangaged to rake up the fall leaves (oh shosh, they're good winter mulch!), pull some weeds, trim off dead leaves/flower stalkes/etc. in the front of the house. (Both on the hill & the itty bitty area to the right of the garage.) I also started my way around the house. Only completely cleaned up around the "living room" walls though. But hey it's a start. I did also trim off about 4 or 5 feet on the butterfly bush (boy it got tall last year!!!), and various things at the bedroom walls (fall asters, yarrow, fennel, things I can't remember, kniphofia, sedum, monarda, rose of sharon, and hydrangea if you must know). (*sigh* I love being able to rattle off names of my flowers. It makes me feel so connected with the garden. And those ones I didn't know the names of, well they were new last year, I'll learn them this year! They can just be called "new plant 1, 2 & 3" for now.) :)

No comments: