Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Hoppy Days

Hello one & all!
I meant to do this post on Friday, but well, it didn't happen. I travelled East on Friday to visit with my family for the long weekend. It is a long weekend for me because I took off Friday & Monday -- woohoo! But before I departed I got some pampering time in... I got my hair colored & cut, then I was on my way. It was a nice drive. Especially seeing "spring" occur as I traveled east. Bare trees went to ones with buds, then flowers... The ones entirely covered in white flowers were nice, but the ones adored with a purple-pink blossom were fabulous! :) I don't know what the were, but I'd like one!
Anyway, I hope this finds everyone happy & healthy for the holiday. I'm sure you're off with family & friends as well... Have a good one!

3 comments:

e4 said...

The purple/pink flowering tree was probably Eastern Redbud. Did it look like this?
n
That is one of my absolute favorite trees. I planted one at my first house, two at my last house, and four at my current house (so far).

JBTW said...

They did resemble the image 3rd down on the left. I think the buds were just starting to emerge & they were so close to the branches (the entire length of them).
Thanks for supplying a name to the "face" I had. They are gorgeous! Do the blooms stay tiny & compact the entire time?

e4 said...

Yeah, they are a bit odd for a flowering tree. The flowers kind of cover the branches and never get very big. They start out dark purple, barely noticable, but then they open out into pinkish-purple little flowers. They don't last all that long, but I still love 'em. To me they mean that spring has arrived.