My throat hurts... Actually it's my tonsil. It's swollen, it hurts. :(
Things have been building up this past week.
Both for my throat & with trouble sleeping.
For the first half of the week the trouble sleeping was a problem of it's own.
Blame it on the time change. Who knows.
But now it's my throat messing with it.
It hurts to swallow. Try falling back to sleep with that!
------------
Last night seemed to be the spiral downward.
My throat was just more annoying than before.
Then when I tried to go to bed it really started hurting.
In the middle of the night, I gargled, I sprayed...
I even tried putting some moist heat around my neck.
I don't know if that made it worse, certainly not better.
------------
Today is no better. It hurts to swallow all the time, not just at night.
So I keep working on some home remedies.
Gargling with salt water. Drinking hot tea. Taking pain killers.
Taking Sucrets in attempt to numb it.
I even mixed some melted honey & lemon juice to coat it.
------------
There's no fever or spots on the swollen tonsil.
So I'm biding my time until my doctor's appointment next Thursday.
Any more suggestions to try in the mean time?
Things have been building up this past week.
Both for my throat & with trouble sleeping.
For the first half of the week the trouble sleeping was a problem of it's own.
Blame it on the time change. Who knows.
But now it's my throat messing with it.
It hurts to swallow. Try falling back to sleep with that!
------------
Last night seemed to be the spiral downward.
My throat was just more annoying than before.
Then when I tried to go to bed it really started hurting.
In the middle of the night, I gargled, I sprayed...
I even tried putting some moist heat around my neck.
I don't know if that made it worse, certainly not better.
------------
Today is no better. It hurts to swallow all the time, not just at night.
So I keep working on some home remedies.
Gargling with salt water. Drinking hot tea. Taking pain killers.
Taking Sucrets in attempt to numb it.
I even mixed some melted honey & lemon juice to coat it.
------------
There's no fever or spots on the swollen tonsil.
So I'm biding my time until my doctor's appointment next Thursday.
Any more suggestions to try in the mean time?
.
..
...
All this thinking about what I'm already trying made me think of one more thing...Warm jello. So will whip up some jello & have the first serving is in a mug while it's still warm. Even if it doesn't fix anything physically, mentally it always helps. ...Also will make some pudding. Something soft & squishy may hit the spot later.
-----
When I was doing some searching online... I came across something that I've had happen in the past (not current condition though). Never knew it had an offical name, so I thought I'd share -- tonsilloliths. (Who knows, maybe you've encountered it personally or witnessed it before.)
When I was doing some searching online... I came across something that I've had happen in the past (not current condition though). Never knew it had an offical name, so I thought I'd share -- tonsilloliths. (Who knows, maybe you've encountered it personally or witnessed it before.)












1 comment:
sound like you have had one hell of a weekend and week.
Know that I am thinking of you and praying you getter better soon. Sore throats are awful!
Post a Comment