Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Any Ideas?

Does anybody out there have any ideas that would be of assistance for my friend?
(Her latest post follows.) She is in desperate need for medical attention, but there are a lack of funds. So read what she has to say, if you have any ideas, big or small, PLEASE comment on them... then I will pass them on to her.



Wednesday, November 01, 2006
The Money Pit
I am the money pitt. I just spoke to the hospital where I was suppose to have my LP done and they said I need to pay 1,440 dollars up front on Friday. I then nicely explained "we don't have that kind of money floating around and to cancel the appointment". She then told me to contact family in the states to borrow money. I said "that ridiculous nobody has that money and I am not calling family for it.". She said this is too important to give up like this somebody must have the money. "No we don't" I stated in the calmest voice I had. Then proceeded to cry. "Just cancel the appointment we don't have the money." She retorted with "You'll go blind if you don't have this". No shit Sherlock. So tomorrow I will be back in the emergency room of Royal Adelaide Hospital where they will take my insurance and my will to live (this hospital has been described to me as the place healthy people go to die). I must have been one hell of a person in a past life to be dealt these cards. I don't know what to do anymore. I can't get the medical help I need and when they do speak to us its never anything good. I am at wits end. My body and brain can't handle much more of this. They have me terrified that they will sacrifice the baby at 20 some weeks just to cut into me. They have me fearing we will be living in a hole soon all because my brain wont absorb fluid like its suppose to. I don't know how much more this little family can take.

No comments: