Wednesday, August 13, 2008

90th

This weekend was another busy weekend...

My mom & her hubby arrived here Friday evening. (While the door guy was working on the door, again. *Another story to tell* Incidentally, both drove in from Cleveland that day...) We had a night of fun, compliments of Wii Fit (& Wii Sports too). Nothings more amusing than getting the giggles during a balance game!

Saturday after a delicious breakfast out, I left with them to head East. (Keith had some working to do & was unavailable that day.) Once there I did a little visiting with my aunt & grandmother -- time for a little kibitzing & shared photos with them from "The Road Trip." After that I made my way to my dad's for the evening. That night I had one of thee best pizzas ever -- a white pizza with spinach, mushrooms & feta cheese. Mmm-Mmm-Mmm-MmmMmm! It was Divine! Later I was the one viewing the vacation pictures. Normally you think of photos of flowers, but I've got one to top that. A video. How many of you can say you've seen a video of a flower? (One that's cool mind you.) Well, here you go, an awesome flower video (real time too):


Sunday morning we walked to the main street in order to check out the farmer's market. Looked like they had some delicious fresh fruits & veggies, cut flowers, even some shoofly pies. Alas I had only a little cash -- so I got my grandmother a beautiful sunflower. I figured that if I combined that with some cut flowers from the yard they'd look great (much better than the wilted black eyed susans I brought from my house -- they didn't travel well, but later some had perked up, so they were added to the mix also). After Keith made his very, very early trip East, we were all around to celebrate my Grandmother's 90th birthday. I emphasize the all because there were 19 of us among 5 different tables/booths at the restaurant. I maintained my theme for food & had an omelet with spinach, mushrooms & feta (the first omelet I had like this in Ohio was still the best & the pizza was the second runner up). After lunch we hung out & listened to stories (my uncle was the primary storyteller for the day -- it's a talent!)

Then we were off on Keith's adventure... Which I'll tell you about later -- his story continues this weekend! After that... Home again home again jiggity jog. Too bad it was after 9:30pm. I don't like coming home that late. Particularly on a Sunday -- I like my weekends at home to do my routine things! (Plus the whole coming home to get ready for bed thing doesn't work out so well for me.)

No comments: