Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Busy bees

A busy week of friends! The 26th we went out to eat with friends of ours to celebrate a birthday. With the occasion, they had a sitter for their boys, which allowed us to go out & take our time -- fully enjoying the company! It was a lovely evening out.



Then on the 1st we had friends over (a different couple) for Keith's famous grilled wings. (Too bad she gave up meat & couldn't enjoy any -- she was satisfied with her veggie burger, so don't feel bad. Plus she had killer homemade ice cream cake!) We had a funfilled night of conversation, good food & games. I love spreading the fun with "Apples to Apples." (If you haven't played it, you should!) We also tried out one of my new (birthday) game of "Left, Center, Right" (possibly the words are in a different order...) Then there was Saturday...

Friends of ours (a 3rd couple) made plans with us to go to the Inner Harbor for the day to see the Body Worlds 2 exhibit. We were talking about the exhibit around 4th of July & decided we had to see it. It took about a month 'til it all came together, but we finally set the date -- August 2nd. Keith was such a good sport about it too -- between Friday night's dinner & Saturday's trip, he really had to change his work schedule (I had a big reminder on the mirror "no working..." I appreciate the flexibility!!!). So we left bright & early Saturday morning, picked them up & headed on our way. Looking back it was a fun day, but in the moment it seemed somewhat disappointing... (I don't think being tired was helping our outlooks.)
We originally saw this exhibit in Cleveland so we were anticipating different displays. Some of which weren't there. Hense, some of the disappointment. Two in particular were ones we were really talking up. I don't know if they had a smaller space to fill, or what. Keith disagrees, but I question it. I think there was less open space in between the displays (it seemed a lot more crowded for viewing) & the exhibit had to spill into the hallway (covered with black curtains of course so non-payers couldn't see it).
Then we headed to the aquarium... It was packed!!!! Keith & I loved this place, but today, we just couldn't enjoy it as much as we would have liked. There were just so many people. (But I guess that's what happens when you're there on a weekend & in the summer -- versus our last trip in March.)


Anything is better with a pirate though, right? Here's our token pirate for the day.

No comments: