... yet again. I've been really lax with posting -- for quite some time now. (Bad me.) I think of ideas when I'm away from the computer... then it slips my mind when I'm near it. Plus, I've been diligently working on a project elsewhere in the house. All in hopes that it will become a Christmas gift for someone. I know if I put that to the side, it could easily become unfinished (and I don't want that to happen -- I've invested too much time already.)
Update on my last post:
My eye infection at least had good timing. At the end of that week I had an eye exam already scheduled -- the doctor was able to give me a thumbs up for keeping my contacts out all week. Also provided me with a different antibiotic eye drop to finish the healing. The disadvantage to the eye appointment was the timing of the exam itself -- turns out with the infection, my eye was swollen, thus altered my "results." I wore my new glasses for about a week, giving me plenty of time to get used to them. But they just weren't right. I was seeing colors that weren't there (light blue on one side of an object & a yellow/brown on the other) -- I felt like the world turned into a 3D movie, but I left my glasses at home. As I already mentioned, my eye exam wasn't accurate, I found this out Tuesday when I had my Rx rechecked. The color "thing" was no surprise to him. So yet another order has been placed. Hopefully it will arrive soon. (And more importantly, be accurate!)
(Mainly for Mutti...)
Another thing I learned is that an astigmatism is not as simple as the shape of your eye being different. There are different forms of it. Mine is in the lens of the eye, which can continue to fluctuate (getting better or worse) until the age of 43 (there abouts). I mention this because at my first exam I was told the astigmatism in my right eye got much better, however the nearsightedness got much worse. (Which is why I was told to give my glasses a chance -- they were such a different Rx.)
Crazy dog
12 years ago












No comments:
Post a Comment