Ok, not really the Wizard. But we're off to see... many people. By "we" I mean, my mom & I. (Or is that, my mom & me? I can't recall that lesson -- it was a rushed one the last week of school...) She arrived at my house yesterday evening. Perfect timing to crash a birthday party dinner. Ok, not really crash. My sister-in-law knew in advance & had a plate for her, my mom was the one surprised. No, not a surprise party for my mom. It was for my brother-in-law, at my sister-in-law's next door. Kapeesh?
Back to the story...
She arrived Thursday evening. We celebrated Craig's birthday -- complete with a birthday volcano! VOL-CA-NO vol-CANO VOOOLLLL-CAAAA-NOOOO (Refer to the vacation blog for a clue.) After that I finished packing. Yes, the procrastinator I was had to do it. (Procrastinators unite... tomorrow!) I did actually have piles & a list, but somehow that actual bit of putting it together just takes me a while.
Due to my brain running a mile a minute I didn't fall asleep for a bit. I was almost ready for bed, then remembered I forgot to grab tissues for the car/travels in general. (Pretty congested lately, can't go without tissues!) Then after I was in bed, lights out & all, I remembered I needed to pack tea. So I got up, grabbed a box & threw it in my "pack tomorrow" pile. (AKA laundry basket with things I used before getting ready for bed) That way I'd at least remember in the morning, but not need to think about it all night. =) [I have a method.]
Up bright & early... showered, finished packing, out the door. All before Keith arose. We had a mission. Nothing Blues Brother like, but a mission nonetheless. Had to take care of banking needs with & for my grandmother, before noon Friday. Thus the early departure was required. (Seeing as she was 3.5 to 4 hours away... and I had to work Thursday -- it had to be done.) But we made it with time to spare. After that, we had a little lunch & ran some errands with her.
Now I'm at my dad's typing away for you. =)
The itinerary:
Visit with family (both sides) in Eastern PA Friday & Saturday morning.
Have lunch with "2nd mom" (childhood thing) & mom Saturday.
Saturday afternoon, off to MD to visit with my aunt & her family.
Monday sometime we'll be off to NC to visit my long lost KC!!!!
Hang out & enjoy my time...
Wednesday on the road again. This time to Monticello. Apparently I haven't been there for 20 years, and it's changed a lot! I look forward to it.
Friday back home again.
Saturday... relax & enjoy the anniversary of my birth. :)
I'm sure this is the last I will post during the week -- so until then...
Peace out man!
(I have no idea why that popped into my head. It was that, "On the road again" & "We're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of oz!")
Crazy dog
12 years ago












No comments:
Post a Comment