Saturday, November 10, 2007

What A Week

It's been a crazy week. I feel like I'm all over the place -- mentally, physically, the whole kit-n-kaboodle. (What does that mean anyway?)
A few weeks ago I was planning and looking forward to a trip to visit a friend over the upcoming long weekend. Then plans were changed for my sister-in-law renewing her vows (short story version). Still could travel, just had to delay things. But hey, that's a happy reason, so I can't complain. As the work week approached there was just a mental craziness, trying to adjust my schedule to make up some hours for the short week (added on top of an atypical routine for the child I work with, thus a strange routine for myself as well...) I don't know about you, but Sunday morning rolls in & I'm already thinking about work. (Just can't ever enjoy the last day off -- why is that?!?!) Anyway, get myself settled into my "odd" week, the as I'm getting myself ready for bed Monday night, we have sad news hit... Keith's Grandmother passed away. Painlessly & with a long loving life behind her. And with many, many loved ones to cherish her in their memories -- 9 children of her own, their children and her children's children. (I think there were 26 great-grandchildren mentioned in the newspaper.)
After the large (& by that I mean HUGE) gathering of people to celebrate Leona's life I was able to continue with my travels & visit loved ones. Now I sit across the room as KC sleeps off a headache -- nothing exciting, just motherhood... that & a late night of sharing a good movie & (an attempt at) highlighting her hair.
It's been a long week.

No comments: