Friday, November 23, 2007

So far so good

I'm sitting here with no one around... since the internet is available I thought hey, why not do a little blogging!

A recap...
We got moving bright & early yesterday, without too many delays even (our goal was 8:30 & we were out of there around 8:40 -- pretty good I'd say!). We made it to my cousin's with time to spare (first to arrive for that matter!). The small masses (dad's side of the family) arrived bit by bit for us to have our holiday meal around 1pm. After that we just hung out for quite some time. Little bit of socializing, drinking, football viewing... Sami was certainly on center stage. She's such a cutie! [I'll have to add photos later when I can either figure out my dad's computer or get home & do it there.]

I can't blame it on the turkey, so I'll have to say between the long car ride, lack of normal activity, and perhaps the turkey, I was exhausted. (Oh yeah, still not sleeping well -- that definately adds to it!) The four of us (Tami, Tim, Keith & myself) attempted to watch a movie before bedtime -- Tami & I missed some of it, but I still got the general idea. It was "The Insider" -- not one I recognized or would have thought to rent, but it was pretty good (It was all about Big Tobacco being exposed.). And since it was a long one, even with my occasional naps I could still follow the story line.

Then this morning Keith & I went to IHOP to meet my mom, grandmother & aunt (mom's side of the family) for a late breakfast before my aunt was starting her trek home. That place was crowded! It was good we got there first -- we waited a half hour outside, in the cold weather before they got there. There is no way my grandmother could have waited that long, let alone outside standing. (There was absolutely no room to wait inside -- both waiting area or between the sets of doors.) Keith's theory behind the place being so small: "If you're waiting, it has too be good. Right?" Good rationalizing dear! (Afterall, it was his pick!) And it was good. We're both fans of breakfast food. (Since I don't get to eat all the wonderful breakfast foods at breakfast (no time for all that prep work), we often have them for dinner. His sister is quite amused by that!)

Anyway... My aunt was on the road again (the tune immediately pops in my head with that phrase "on the road again...") and my mom was taking my grandmother home... so we briefly stopped in to see my dad at work. Then to my grandmother's (same one) for some kibitzing (Verb #2) and picture taking... [Again, will have pictures for this later...]

When it was time for Keith to hit the road, he dropped me off in W. Reading... with no one to say good bye to. Not at my grandmother's, dad's or aunt's... I know my dad & aunt are working, but I don't know where anyone else is. The dogs are definately over home -- they came to the door promptly when I knocked, but no one with an opposable thumb to open the door! (By the by, "over home" is simply a phrase we, the family members, have taken on to refer to my aunt's house. Which actually used to by my house too when my parents were married... so it's 'home' for us all. Geographically it is two doors down from my dad/grandmother's current house. I want to start talking about the neighborhood & structure of the row homes, but I know that would really start a ramble... So I'll cut myself off here.)

(I just think I'm getting a bit punchy. Lack of sleep. No one to talk to... Ramblings to entertain myself... sorry.)

Let's see... I was intending to use this time to do more visiting. But there's no one to visit with. Not that I really want to, but I can't even go do shopping without a car. The outlets are within walking distance, but it's cold out (& I finally feel warm). That and I prefer to shop with someone than alone. (I don't count strangers. I don't enjoy the crowd in the slightest bit.) So I guess I'll just try to keep busy until later. After dinner I know I'll get more visiting in when my mom & grandma return (they'll be off soon to visit with more family & enjoy their Italian sandwiches - part of their tradition...) to see my aunt & cousin (opposite sides of the family). So I should have more pictures then too.

Tomorrow... Sometime after breakfast with my dad & Marcy, my mom & I will follow the turnpike to colder weather at my house... Until then, behave Keith! :)

Ok, rambling time over. Hope everyone had a peaceful & all around good holiday!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



No comments: