Sunday, October 14, 2007

Hi, I'm a Blog Slacker

I admit it. I've been slacking as of late. No rhyme or reason for it. Simply an observable consequence of the behavior. Blogging behavior being the target behavior.

Ok, so some bitterness is escaping from me. This would be from the new paper work we received in the mail the first week of October. Then addressed at our training on the 6th. I have to start using it tomorrow. Lack of excitement on my part. I won't go into anymore detail because that wouldn't be very professional of me. Let's just leave it at 'the paperwork is not thrilling me.'

I did come across something good this week: oven baked french toast. Not only was it nice to use the oven on these suddenly colder days (um, what is up with that!), but it tasted really (REALLY) good. Plus there was no flipping involved. For some reason I have problems with making french toast. It just doesn't turn out the way I want it to. Since it was a very tasty recipe, I will share it with you.

Baked French Toast
2 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp. powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
4 slices of bread, thick
1 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- -- --- -- -
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Lightly beat eggs with a fork in a shallow bowl. Whisk in milk, sugar, vanilla & cinnamon.
3. Soak bread in egg mixture, then transfer to baking sheet. Sprinkle with butter and bake until golden, 8 to 10 minutes.

[Personal variations: I sprinkled the slices with more cinnamon & sugar because the first slice always has the most cinnamon & the others get jealous! (I like them to have a lot of cinnamon.) And instead of cutting pieces of butter, I cut a very thin slice & put it on the middle of each piece of bread. (I'm sure the cut pieces make it a tad healthier, but I was going for ease.)]

I haven't been doing much with the garden as late. I think I burnt myself out with all the rock digging. Basically I accomplished what I wanted to, moving the things in the back about. However, I would have liked to have moved some things from the front to the back as well. The cold weather is not encouraging me to get out there though. (Plus we've had some rainy days & I'm not into playing in the mud.)

I was bummed that I missed out on going to the Fall Foliage Festival in Bedford this year. I haven't been there for quite some time & thought this might be the year to get back. It was the same weekend of the training. That & the Applefest in Franklin. A fellow blogger had posted about it & I thought it looked promising. It too was the same weekend. And I realize there's more than one day in the weekend, but I don't like spending all day Sunday traveling in the car. I think it's a mental rebellion for having to get up & go to work the next day. I like to be in my PJs for a good time before getting moving on Sundays. (I get a lot of house work done in my PJs!) . . . So let that be known to people who want to plan events that are out of my area (that want me to attend that is) -- Saturdays are my day trip days. :)

With that, I think my washer is ending it's spin cycle... Laundry calls.

I will try to be less of a slacker. Hopefully I'll have some exciting (or at least less than dull) events to write about. That always makes it a bit more motivating.

P.P. (Post Posting, versus Post Script)
I went back to add links for the festivals & realized the Fall Foliage Festival was also this weekend!!!! ARGH. I did not know that. The cruelty. The irritation. Ignorance was much less irritating.

No comments: