Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Well, it's official...

...there will be no winter vacation for us this year.
We've spent our funds on house projects.
There were odd jobs here & there,
and some more substantial ones on top of that.
Here's the most significant change:
I rather like it.
It actually consisted of several jobs...
repointing mortar joints;
replacing the soffit and fascia;
siding & vent work;
fixing popped bricks...
then the paint!
In addition to the exterior, we put some money into the living room.
Fresh paint on the trim, new curtains & a rug.
So, to all of our disappointment,
we will not be joining Keith's family in Florida this year.
(No new vacation blog either.)
:(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it's any consolation, the house looks great. I love the color.

We're going on vacation, but I'm actually regretting it a little. We committed to it months ago, and we've become rather broke in the meantime. So we'll be even brokerer. I'm guessing next year will be vacationless for us.

But as a wise man once said: You can't have everything. Where would you put it?

Morgan said...

That looks fantastic.

I am impressed!

Can't wait to see it in person!

JBTW said...

I hope that day comes soon! Miss you very, very much!