Saturday, September 30, 2006

Autumn's Arrival

Time goes by so quickly... the other day I looked outside & noticed the yard speckled with colorful leaves. One moment they are green on the trees, now they're already falling. Autumn is definately here, whether we're ready for it or not. (Fall doesn't last very long around here, winter shows it's face all too soon.)

I discovered some fall blooming crocuses that the critters haven't found (yet).

And to my surprise, I found some blooms that I wasn't expecting...

I thought the 'whirling butterflies gaura' was a goner, apparently it's just a late bloomer (it was to bloom in the summer).

The 'candytuft' also decided to bloom again -- it was full of tiny, white flowers earlier this spring. I didn't expect to see it's blooms again until 2007.


Here are some random intresting finds as I walked about the yard...

A garden visitor collecting small winged creatures (it can gladly have them).

And a talented 'autumn joy sedum' -- it's trick is to catch falling acorns falling from a nearby tree.

No comments: