Wednesday, July 23, 2008

July

Oops. Looks like I'm long overdue here. June really was the big fun event with the road trip & my birthday... I can't believe July has come & is nearly gone already. Yikes.

I'm trying to think what has been going on lately... But I'm just so tired. I should be moving & trying to get myself ready for work. Fortunately I start a bit later in the summer so I'm not running late right now. Just running on empty is all.

I did clean off my desk the other day -- came across the cd of photos from my cousin's trip to Thailand for his daughter's birthday & his wedding. So I'll have to post pictures from that. (Don't believe I'll have enough time this morning.) Also came across a post card for my friend's photo business -- check it out! (A link is also on the sidebar under "Things I like.")

I'm trying to recall what July held for us... There's the 4th of July & all the celebrations that go with it. I didn't take any photos this year though, so I don't really have things to share with that. It was a good time - I enjoyed the moment. Was hoping my NC friend would have been in PA then to join us, but alas she wasn't. Then there was one of Keith's family reunions. And a wedding. ... Now I know where July went -- our weekends have been pretty full.

It's also been so hot here. I'm afraid I've been letting the weeds take over. Keith's none too thrilled, but there's so much else that looks good outside, that nobody else notices!

Our other big event was putting in a sliding glass door in the kitchen. It gives us "more window" (as our friend says) & really adds to the enjoyment of the patio. I didn't post about it earlier because I wanted it to be a surprise for when my mom was here in June. (It was.) Then I didn't because it didn't get finished -- long story short, it wasn't the door we ordered (too many bars on it -- not like prison bars or anything!). A guy was sent all the way from Cleveland to repair it. (After he had to wait for a second shipment because the first was missing pieces.) But now it is still not right -- pieces aren't recessed enough from when it was taken apart/put back together to be "fixed" & the door rubs against this when it opens/closes. ) So it is still not finished. Yipee.

Ok, now I do need to get moving! I'll try to get back in the relatively near future with photos of the above mentioned. :)

No comments: