Sunday, February 24, 2008

Questions for you...

question mark
1. How do you set a blog/post to contain the check here box for "e-mail follow-ups to post" in the post a comment section? (E4, Morgan, I've seen this on your blogs before...)
~ ~~~~~~~~~~ ~
2. Does anyone out there know of an easy to use radio &/or cd player for the elderly? Think arthritic hands, no knowledge of electronics, visual impairment... My mom has been on the hunt for one for my grandmother. Thus far her only lead was through a "Real Simple" article (ad?) for a Tivoli radio. This may not be the actual one she saw, however it is similar. Through searching online, it was discovered that Target was a retailer for it. So, when I was with her, we went looking at the store. "Yeah, they put them on clearance ... they won't be in stock again until Christmas." (HELLO! Christmas, ya know this is Febuary & that is in December, right?!?!) So, we could use your assistance... Anyone... Anyone...
~ ~~~~~~~~~~ ~
3. Has anyone ever seen a computer desk that actually houses all things computer related? I've come close at Ikea with a corner desk. (I'm still not confident that it actually would hold everything ... Regardless, my dear hubby doesn't like the finish of it -- "It doesn't go with all our other stuff." -- His latest kick, but that's another story...) Seriously though. Have you actually encountered one that contains the bulky stuff? (I realize I have a lot of stuff & could slim it down, but there are many components, large ones at that...)
~ ~~~~~~~~~~ ~
4. My favorite morning tea has gone missing! Have you seen it? It's called Chocolate Caramel Enchantment, a chai tea by Celestial Seasonings. I tried finding it at the stores in the area (as indictated through the link above), but they're not there! For those of you have a routine you thrive with, think about when something changes in it -- not by your control either! GRRR, ARGH!
~ ~~~~~~~~~~ ~
5. Does anyone have any experience with (or knowledge of) growing bamboo outdoors? We'd like to use it as a natural fence/screen, however we want to control it's growth to a limited area. Can a raised bed, or containers be used to contain it, yet allow it to be in the ground year round? I don't know how deep their roots needed to be, nor how much room the roots need for proper growth. Speaking of root growth... to spread, do they grow downward, or parallel to the surface? (I'm thinking of my Japanese lantern plant -- I was told to cut out the bottom of a large plastic pot & plant it within that area since the roots spread outward closer to the surface. I didn't know if the bamboo would be like that, or if it needed an enclosed "bottom" too.)
~ ~~~~~~~~~~ ~
That's all for now. I know I had more questions floating around my brain for a while. But that's all I can recall at the moment. Your help is appreciated!

For you... If you ever come across the Celestial Seasonings Honey Peach Ginger Wellness Tea, buy it. It's wonderful. Kathleen, thanks for introducing it to us!

5 comments:

e4 said...

I don't know how that comment feature got there. Maybe when my account was upgraded last time? I'm not sure.

As for bamboo, I tried growing a hardy clumping variety once. It's supposed to be the bamboo equivalent of those ornamental grasses that just grow in a clump and don't really spread. Plus it can survive down to -20F. I got a tiny one like this. Unfortunately, I squished it when my unstable rain barrel filled up with water and tipped over right onto it. It never recovered...

e4 said...

And actually, I see that "email followup" option just below this comment box on your blog right now...

Suzer said...

Bamboo is hard to kill and hard to control. It has a very invasive root system and absolutely needs to be contained. Here is a pretty good link that describes the difference between clumping and running bamboo, and which ones are good for the Northeast. http://www.americanbamboo.org/GeneralInfoPages/LucasTemperateBambos.html

Celestial says that my Giant Eagle has your tea...I'll check next time I'm there.

As for the computer desk...we are considering a laptop for our next computer for that very reason. I don't think a true computer/printer/scanner/tower/camera dock/keyboard/mouse/discs and misc. crap holder exists. You might want to try making some of them wireless so you can place them in a different spot and not have to trip over the cords.

I searched for CD players and couldn't find anything! How frustrating. The only thing I could think was to try and find a player for toddlers. It sould probably have big simple buttons but it might look like Elmo (LOL!)

JBTW said...

Thanks E4 & Suzer!

Bamboo ~~~ So how tall did the clumping bamboo get (pre-smooshed variety)? I wonder if it would work by planting clumps into "planted" containers, since we want a living fence, not a jungle... I'll have to check out both of your sites for more info.

Tea ~~~ Celestial said our Giant Eagle stores have them too. But they don't (at least not the two I tried). The main one is where I would always purchase it... Then the packaging changed. Since then the shelf is just different. (No label for a spot for it either.)

Desk ~~~ I really got myself frustrated over searching online Saturday morning. It was in my best interest to stop searching. Hense the question posed to you.

CD Player ~~~ I don't understand why they don't have something out there. They come up with ways to make them smaller & smaller. But I don't see her ever making use of an IPod (nano or otherwise)...

Comments ~~~ As I type this, there is nothing about e-mailing follow-ups. (Perhaps because I'm not signed in yet... I don't know...) But I'm glad it just shows itself to others -- cause I tried looking for it's option & couldn't find it.

That seemed to be the theme for the weekend ... trying to search & find without luck. Unfortunately with lots of frustration.

Thanks again for your thoughts.

JBTW said...

Yep, now that I'm signed in it is an option. :)