Sunday, September 02, 2007

A well needed pick-me-up

Yesterday started kind of slow for me. The night before I was wide awake with a massive headache, so I took some Tylenol PM. I was so groggy the next day, it took a good part of the morning for me to become alert. Lesson learned: I can't take it that late in the evening. (Usually I take it several hours earlier than that night.)
- -- --- -- -
Once the day really started (noonish), I went to an arts festival with Renee. Found quite a few stands with some beautiful pottery, but I restrained myself. I need more pottery like another hole in the head... (Incidentally, I have 5 earring holes on the left & 4 on the right -- so that phrase really doesn't work for me! Anyway...) I was there to find some gifts for others & I accomplished that.
- -- --- -- -
In the evening we met Renee, Mark & Aiden, as well as both of their parents, downtown at the Ethnics Festival for some dinner. Plate of pierogies (they spelled it pirohi or something like that), some pizza, beer & a little bit of peanut butter fudge -- yum! I was actually looking for fudge at the arts festival & struck out. So I was really happy to find some right beside where we were standing to eat, hang out & listen to the band. For future reference, a baby stroller makes a good spot saver in a crowd of moving people. That & a good cup holder! (I think there were 5 places cups were sitting.)
- -- --- -- -
A few hours later, Sarah & Mike came over to visit. Haven't seen them for such a long time since they live out of town -- it was lovely to see them. And they were kidless (stayed with the grandparents) so we really got to hang out & enjoy our time together which was way past their bedtime (& Sarah's too!).
- -- --- -- -
Turned out to be a lovely day. :)

1 comment:

Suzer said...

Hmm I too have five holes on the left and four on the right. I have no real explaination for that except that I did all the piercings myself and must have run out of motivaton. What's your excuse for being lopsided? *grin*