Saturday, June 23, 2007

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Has that much time really past?!?! Sorry people of Blogland (or is it Bloggerland), I've had nothing much to say apparently for quite some time. I did actually start to write something a week or so ago. However, when I got called away (saved for later) I never got back to it. It's pretty irrelevant now, not worthy of finishing to post, but I'll fill you in...

With the nicer weather I've been doing some yard work. Rather, garden work. (I say "yard" & Keith comments about the grass -- I don't do the grass, other than tearing it out when it starts to invade a bed.) I hadn't been motivated to get dirty for some reason. I don't know if it was because I didn't grow seedlings over the winter to keep me in the gardening mode. Who knows. It just took me a long time to get into the swing of things. Still not nearly ready or in proper order, but at least it's a start.

Recent events:
Plenty of baby related things going on lately. My cousin Chad's girlfriend had a baby at the beginning of May. Her name is Jasmine. My step-cousin Heather had a baby shortly there after, Caroline. Visited family (in the East) over the holiday. Nice visit, but all too quick. (That's when I found out about the new arrivals to the family.) I was for once the "first to know" some family tidbits (another cousin & family are moving next week) -- I'm usually the last to know, which is why it fits as "an event." At the beginning of June I had a long weeked cut short down the middle with an all day work training -- grrr! But I did manage to see my mom when she stopped by for an overnighter on her way home before the training. Then my dad & family came to visit after the training. (Ended up being quite a busy long weekend.) Last weekend I attended a baby shower for friends who live out of town. It was nice visiting with them -- happens too infrequently! My birthday was Thursday. (Hippo Birdie Two... Me!) And I just came back today from visiting KC & her family.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Such a nice visit...

birthday brownies

Gardens & Glass: Chihuly at the Phipps Conservatory

We liked the orchid room...

Now for the hands on garden...

Back inside... & Baby, no touching the really expensive glass!

A new twist on Japanese Gardens

I can bring my piggy bank... do you want glass or a new house?

The Blue Room... blue girl not included.

Blue & Citron Tower

The first & last view of Chihuly glass

'Bye now.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

looks like you had fun

Anonymous said...

You know I like glass...this is very cool! I know you enjoyed your visit. I didn't know you associated with the famous (Blue Girl). :) betg