Saturday, August 26, 2006

No more guesses

I'm guessing that you're done guessing.
Did I guess right?
Well E4 was very close. It is a cucumber.
A pickling cucumber that is supposed to be green.
On the blue side of the spectrum too -- it got very confused this year.
Guess it just wasn't my year for them.

3 comments:

Morgan said...

oh my I would have never guessed! Very weird indeed

e4 said...

I think I remember reading somewhere that most cucumbers turn yellow when they're over-ripe - the opposite of tomatoes, peppers, etc. But who knows if that's the case with yours. Maybe there's something missing from the soil that gives them their color or something.

In any case, they're strange. Not like any pickles I've ever seen!

JBTW said...

They started out tiny & green (as seen on the "veggies" post), but as you could see in the smallest one ("a game"), it didn't take long to turn yellow. I have no idea why.