Sunday, July 23, 2006

Sometimes it's good...

Sometimes it's good to live a dull, humdrum sort of life...
We were sitting at home last night & noticed the fish tank was sounding a little noisier than usual. It was, and for good reason. The water was coming out... from the bottom. It almost looked like it was raining underneath it. If Keith wasn't so stressed by it, I would have taken a picture to share with you. (I waited til it was under control.)
I'm just glad we were home. While it wouldn't be an actual 120 gallons of water on the floor (rocks, plants & fish take up room too), I wouldn't have wanted to come home to it when it was done. So a few hours later the empty tank ended up outside (stand is under tarp since it was raining); the dining room became SOF (SaveOurFish) central -- he had to set up the smaller tank just for it; & the living room looks a bit larger.

I tried to find an old picture showing the tank in the living room, but with no luck. Just put your imagination to work -- picture the tank hovering above were the filters are sitting on the floor. Maybe I'll come across photos in the near future to share.

3 comments:

e4 said...

Wow. That's a big tank.

We had the same think happen with our 29 gallon tank, and it was a huge mess. I can't imagine it on that scale....

Morgan said...

why doesn't he just fling the helpless creatures out the door?

JBTW said...

Who is this? This can't be you talking. Off "helpless" creatures? What happened to "save them"? ... Because they are expensive fish at this point. If we should decide to just get rid of them, we'll sell them back to a store. Large cichlids go for a few bucks.